jwildfire.org

The official JWildfire forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 pm 

If any of you remember me from my old Deviant Art days, I created a LOT of fractals and scripts (and even a tutorial) in Apophysis. I've now added to them with J-Wildfire. The total is currently approaching TWELVE THOUSAND flames (in a 33MB zip file) and growing daily. And I'm making them ALL available for free download and use.

I have two requests (not requirements) though. First, if you use any of my flames to produce something, please consider paying it forward and sharing the parameters of your work as well. And, if you think about it, tag me on the Facebook post or something so I can enjoy what you've done. But secondly, I've had to delete some stuff off of Dropbox in order to get this set up for sharing. I already have all the flames that I create backed up to a master folder (even before I render them). And I've set up an automatic update of the ZIP file of all of them that runs every 6 hours - which Dropbox will them sync online. And I've already set up "http://bit.ly/FlamePack" as a short URL to the file containing all the flames. It's live now. So if you ever see a flame that I post that you like, they are all in date/time format as a naming convention (like 2013-05-20_11-47-23) and you can visit the latest update of my flame pack and find all the ones that I created that led to that and the ones that followed it as well. All I need is to get some of my space back. So if any of you that want my thousands of flames to play will would set up a free dropbox account for your own use, it would get me the replacement space that I need to put my other stuff back up there. I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to get my OTHER parameters from the other apps I use backed up to the cloud as well. So step one would be to pay it forward. Step two would be to do something free that would pay me back. :D

My Flame Pack

Last edited by djeaton on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 pm 

Daniel,
Thanks for being so generous with your talents and time. Appreciate it very much! :P

Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:22 pm 

thx a lot for sharing

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:04 pm 

Hello Daniel ;D

I can say one word to your Flamepack ... WoW ;D

Thats very amazing of Flames ;D Very big thanks for the sharing ;D

Gerriet

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:22 am 

It's not being updated automatically on my new laptop yet, but I hope to have that set up soon. It's added piece of mind knowing that they are all backed up a couple of different ways. And if anyone else can get any use from them, so much the better! :)

My Flame Pack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:23 pm 

Waw thanks a lot for your flames.

Your gallery is awesome :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:01 am 

WOW, what a great thing to do! I already have a Dropbox account or I would do that part for you for sure. Thanks so much. I will be sure to post params when I decide to tweak one of these and tag you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:05 am 

Daniel, this site works very well for free file storage and is free for (I think) 50 gigs. I learned about it in the Jux group and have been using it for a while.

https://mega.nz/

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:30 pm 

Thank you Daniel for sharing such beautiful fractal flames.
One thing though, when I tried to open the parameter files in the flame browser it crashed the program. Something you should be aware of. It's alright if you load flames one by one

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:46 am 

Quote:
Thank you Daniel for sharing such beautiful fractal flames.
One thing though, when I tried to open the parameter files in the flame browser it crashed the program. Something you should be aware of. It's alright if you load flames one by one
Ny guess is that the sheer number of them are causing memory issues trying to create previews of all of them.

My Flame Pack